• 3rd: Museums of TC Closed for Good Friday
• 9th: Block 7 Ends
• 13th: Block 8 Begins
• 16th: Doak House Closed to attend Northeast TN Museums Assoc
• 17th—19th: Old Oak Festival – The President Andrew Johnson Museum and Library will be open on Friday and Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm. The museum will feature newly overhauled exhibit called Glimpses of Tusculum: A Storied History undertaken by sophomore Museum Studies major Mamie Hassel. The first exhibit is curated by senior Museum Studies major Joshua Helvey. Josh’s exhibit will feature artifacts and photographs of past Old Oak Festivals and will be open to festival visitors. The President Andrew Johnson Museum and Library will also sponsor a 19th Century Toys & Games booth in the kids area on Saturday. Come and play with traditional folk toys and make-and-take your very own toy as a souvenir.
• 17th—19th: Batik Workshop during Old Oak – Back by popular demand! The Doak House Museum will sponsor a batik workshop during the three days of the festival. Participants will learn how to make stunning designs on natural fiber cloth using the wax-resist dyeing method. Space is limited, reservations and advance deposits are required. The workshop will be held in the heart of the festival, on main campus, and taught by Fran Church. Reservations & $40 deposit required, deposit includes all materials. Contact Leah Walker or 423-636-8554. Space is limited!
• 24th at 6pm: Pickin’ at the Doaks
• 1st: Lessons from the Lawn
• 6th: Block 8 Ends
• 9th: Commencement at Tusculum College
• 22nd at 6pm: Pickin’ at the Doaks
• 25th: Museums of Tusculum Closed for Memorial Day
• 8th—12th: History Camp at the Doak House
Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter for the most up-to-date information on activities at the Doak House Museum and the President Andrew Johnson Museum and Library. You can also look us up at